another score!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
Kind of ..... my last scrounge was a cord or so of white oak and beech.
Thur a guy calls and asks if I want a cord or so of pine /hemlock bucked up and mostly standing dead for 75 ... I sighed and said sure .. I will use it outside and in the stove for shoulder season...
Now keep on mind I already have almost 12 cord c/s in my backyard and I know the neighbors aren't happy..
So today wood guy calls says he is doing a Job and has about .5 cord honey locust... how can I say no?
So now I am sleeping outside..... oh well when they need heat they will come calling....lol

Very cool. I don't have as much as you, but I am running out of room. I want to have 10 cord by the end of summer, three years worth for me......we'll see. Thankfully the wife doesn't mind, she loves it warm in the house, plus then she wears less too. ;-) Now the neighbors......I don't know or really care. I live off a busier street in the burbs with older homes, it's funny my house belongs in the country with all the wood that's stacked. The neighbors act like they've never seen a crane on a truck leaving behind 2tons of wood.

In all fairness, my wife doesn't mind but she knows that the neighbors do.. in which she reminds me! Lol
But I know she loves the heat!

wood spliter said:
My wife doesn't mind the stacks and piles. I'm sure the neighbors do especially the pile that drifted to his side. :lol:

is that a hampton i300 insert? i had one in my last house. loved it!

I've got one neighbor not happy but I care less. Now that I know it bothers the nosey ( insert nasty word ) I make sure to stack on our shared property line. Only because she is nasty.

smoke eater said:
wood spliter said:
My wife doesn't mind the stacks and piles. I'm sure the neighbors do especially the pile that drifted to his side. :lol:

Yes it is. We also love it. Have you ever cleaned yours? I'm thinking of doing mine myself.

wood spliter said:
smoke eater said:
wood spliter said:

Yes it is. We also love it. Have you ever cleaned yours? I'm thinking of doing mine myself.

do you mean the stove or the chimney? i cleaned both myself. its a little involved to clean the chimney, but not hard. get the right size brush and clean from the top down. you have to remove the insert then, to vacuum the shelf and all around. if you're not sure about it, hire a pro and watch and learn what he does. let me know if this helps. Rune

Status
Not open for further replies.