Another scrounge stack for next year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
More free BTU's for next year all processed. Mostly Hickory and Sugar Maple.....and a splash of cherry.
The construction site down the street has free lumber scraps for the taking, my second load so far.......free fire starters.......
I am right around 7 cords of free wood total. A few people at our Family Halloween party were discussing my obsessive behavior (in good humor of course)

WoodButcher

Attachments

• 2010_01.jpg
    2010_01.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC_7746.jpg
    DSC_7746.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 452
Dang man, that's sweet! One of these years I might get into it, but right now I can't see myself finding time to do more than pay the man to drop it, and stack it all myself. I think i'd drive my neighbors bonkers if i ran a chainsaw and splitter in our postage stamp of a back yard :)

You are doing fine Woodbutcher.

That's some pretty healthy obsessive behavior. Good for your health, good for the wallet. Nice job.

WOODBUTCHER said:
More free BTU's for next year all processed. Mostly Hickory and Sugar Maple.....and a splash of cherry.
The construction site down the street has free lumber scraps for the taking, my second load so far.......free fire starters.......
I am right around 7 cords of free wood total. A few people at our Family Halloween party were discussing my obsessive behavior (in good humor of course)

WoodButcher

OK,
I see shadows,.....and, .....blue sky in the background! Must be some sun. Man, even in a picture, that looks nice. No sunshine here to speak of for what seems like months. Only bad part about this time of year.

Oh yeah, nice score! Love to see splits in the sun like that.
I walk out back to my stacks, ....I mean, to take the dog for a walk, every day. Yeah, that's it, takin' the dog for a walk. :cheese:

Dave

Edthedawg said:
Dang man, that's sweet! One of these years I might get into it, but right now I can't see myself finding time to do more than pay the man to drop it, and stack it all myself. I think i'd drive my neighbors bonkers if i ran a chainsaw and splitter in our postage stamp of a back yard :)

I have a small yard and, if it has driven the nuts, none has had the balls to come talk to me about it. :coolsmirk:

Another great scrounge Woodbutcher! Seems like you're able to score some good stuff in your part of CT; nice work!

So do you guys just visit contruction sites and grab some wood from the scrap pile? I've been tempted to hit a few dumpster I've seen near some construction sites. But I've always felt funny about doing so....

Skier76 said:
Another great scrounge Woodbutcher! Seems like you're able to score some good stuff in your part of CT; nice work!

So do you guys just visit contruction sites and grab some wood from the scrap pile? I've been tempted to hit a few dumpster I've seen near some construction sites. But I've always felt funny about doing so....

There is a bridge on RT 44 they are repairing 2 miles from my house. They have a big yellow barrel that says free wood.......when I go downtown I throw some in.

WoodButcher

WOODBUTCHER said:
Skier76 said:

There is a bridge on RT 44 they are repairing 2 miles from my house. They have a big yellow barrel that says free wood.......when I go downtown I throw some in.

WoodButcher

I forgot to mention, most of the nails and screws have been pulled out also!

Free kindling that's already processed! You can't beat that!

Status
Not open for further replies.