Another scrounging score!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
So, I'm out cutting the grass tonight when the neighbor stops by to get his trailer. (This is the son of the guy who I've been splitting with) He says "I'm here to get the trailer and fill it with wood again." Turns out he was measuring a yard for fertilizer and the lady told him I couldn't get the stack of wood today so he says, "I'm not doing anything tonight so I'll get him a load." He was going to go without me and load the trailer. I said not without me and off we went. These people are this generous.

It's close to two cords, cut and split, (maybe more) of mixed wood with locust, ash, osage, oak, and maple. Best part is that this stuff is SEASONED, absolutely every piece is grey. I'll try to post pics when he drops of the first trailer load.

fv

All I can say is you best treat this neighbor very well . . . sounds like one heckuva nice guy.

You better believe it. I was the youth leader for the son for several years and have always been available to him when he needed. When he came by yesterday he said that he was doing it because I have done so much for him. I was stunned because I can't think of anything I have really done.

He started a fertilizer business last year and with the price of gas I know it's hurting his profit so I am going to get him a gas card to help him out. The entire family are the nicest people one could ever know.

fv

fireview2788 said:
It's close to two cords, cut and split, (maybe more) of mixed wood with locust, ash, osage, oak, and maple. Best part is that this stuff is SEASONED, absolutely every piece is grey.
You HIT!! :coolsmile:

You definitely found a real winner there!

Backwoods Savage said:
You definitely found a real winner there!

Are you talking about the wood or neighbor . . . or more likely both . . . as good as a wood score that this was, I think the fact he has a neighbor that acts like this is an even better score.

Status
Not open for further replies.