Another storm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Another storm is beating on the door..the patio still has alot of wood on it I am ready.. -5 degrees this morning.

I'm going home early, then let it come after I load the hoops and stoke the fire. Not going to drive in that crap tomorrow either.

Im sick of this white #$%^!! I dont have a choice but to drive in it. I have to be at work, at a police station. I'll be dealing with the other idiots who insist on driving in it! Have to get to that ski area you know!!!

Just filled up the box on my deck, even presplit different sizes at lunch today, I say box but it's really just 4 pallets screwed together and tarped. Ready for the snow/ice now.

dtabor said:
Im sick of this white #$%^!! I dont have a choice but to drive in it. I have to be at work, at a police station. I'll be dealing with the other idiots who insist on driving in it! Have to get to that ski area you know!!!

Umm move to florida....

good snow here in coastal nj, be up in adirondacks all next week however, cant wait....

No snow here,52f and sunny.. but then of course us west coast people have mostly nothing but softwood to burn. so I guess it kinda evens it up :)

4-8 inches of snow forcasted for Thursday around here. More below zero lows after that. You will probably get another storm Friday.

Madison broke a 30 year old record for seasonal snowfall today--78 inches and rising. Temps down to about
zero tonight. Isle Royale cruising along at 550. Warm and toasty.

Hey Sped,

Like Mr T says, (("I Pity Them Fools in the Catalac"!)) :lol:

Umm move to florida....[/quote]

Which begs the question.....why don't more homeless people think the way you do?

Well it started here around 5PM.(about 3 inches of snow at this point) I was just finishing topping off the hoops and burning down the coals. I got enough in to make it through the next week or so, they are predicting snow, sleet, heavy rain and more snow (that's just today and tomorrow) then we will be getting cloudy and snow and rain. EEUUUKK, I wish it would just make up its mind.
At least there is enough in to make it to the next dry couple of days. And, I'm going to enjoy loading every bit of it; sipping something nice by the warm fire with my lady by my side.
Weather it all friends.

Ive lived in VT all my life and wouldnt move to Florida if you paid me to. I was down there the week before Xmas a few years back, walking around in shorts and tshirt, with palms decorated and hearing Xmas music....thats just not right!! I loved snow until I got married and bought a house....now I hate it but we dont have the hurricanes, tornadoes etc etc that other places have either.

At 8:30 last night the moon was still showing. Started some time overnight and only got 3" by 7 when I left for work. Its switching over to sleet and freezing rain now. Unless it switches back and takes off, we wont be getting the 12"+ they forcast.

I hear you there dtabor..where in the heck is lake Elmore?? I frequented St. Albans area alot...anyways, Florida blows if you ask me..actually, any place South of Pennsylvania I can do without

Used to ski at Smuggs

Not many people from florida post on this forum. I wonder why.

first of all, 5-6 in of snow ISN"T a storm.... it's winter in the north! yea, a little incovieniant at times, but beautiful just the same. wouldn't give it up ! been down south for Xmas......sucks!! come on guy's, I here complaining, but don't see anyone running to the south ! we all love the change of season's here, we get all geeked up to fire up that stove,hawl some wood, and sit with a bottle of wine, and that hot mama, watch it snow outside and watch the fire.....life is good, !!! or I guess on the other hand ,you could go south and look at palm trees...day in, and day out! enjoy it, a whole new season is just around the corner! then we can get a beer and build a fire outside !!!

wood wacker said:
first of all, 5-6 in of snow ISN"T a storm.... it's winter in the north! yea, a little incovieniant at times, but beautiful just the same. wouldn't give it up ! been down south for Xmas......sucks!! come on guy's, I here complaining, but don't see anyone running to the south ! we all love the change of season's here, we get all geeked up to fire up that stove,hawl some wood, and sit with a bottle of wine, and that hot mama, watch it snow outside and watch the fire.....life is good, !!! or I guess on the other hand ,you could go south and look at palm trees...day in, and day out! enjoy it, a whole new season is just around the corner! then we can get a beer and build a fire outside !!!
Right on wood wacker right on. :coolsmile:

i am dying for a blizzaed or a big storm here in west mass it has been terrible the last ten years we NEVER get those 2-3-4 day storms with 30 + inches some of you get... it has been forcasted a couple of times but was a dud

yeah, I hear you there WoodWacker, its the coming home from work at 6pm, spending 2+ hours snowblowing/shoveling, have dinner and basically goto bed is what sucks! I dont have time to sit in front of the fire with a bottle of wine!

Take heart, I saw the first crocus blooming out front yesterday. Spring is around the corner.

Woodwacker, you are correct. The reason I stay here is the seasons. I surely can deal with the snow, have all my life. Just get sick of it after awhile when its every other day for 2 weeks!

Im warm this year with the new stove so that makes it better than last for sure! My oil bills are WAY down compared to last too!

I was just laughing the other day when they put up all the WARNINGS for the snow for 8". That used to be a normal everyday snow years ago, now everyone gets all freaked out! Now LAST Valentines day, that was a STORM. I got 4 feet at my place. I remember my parents having to hire a loader every year to push back the snowbanks. Seldom do that nowadays.

Well last night the storm finally got to one of my big pines. Sitting watching tv and on the net working last night, hear a big whooomp, cable/internet go out. Pretty much knew what it was before I even went outside. Had about 1/4-1/2" of ice on the trees so it was a matter of time. The branch that came down wasn't really all that big either but it looks like it fell from about 50 feet or so. At least it missed the power line. I couldn't believe the response time, I figured it wouldn't be back up until today, but they got someone out here within about 45 min. He had it up within an hour or so, ran me a new underground type cable that they will come back and bury in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.