Another thermostat question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleetussnow

Oct 3, 2012
Westchester, ny
So I just had a service call on my m55. The ribbon was whooped, so it is replaced.

The tech said not to use the sky tech thermostat 3301 I had installed. He said only to use a milavolt one? He removed it, sort of suggesting it cold kill the motherboard.

I don't know jack about why this is info is correct, but would like. Running manual now....

That Skytech receiver is a millivolt compatible unit. In fact it can be used in any standard t-stat roll up to and including 24 volt systems. Page 6 of the on-line manual.

Just call Skytech and ask. Then have a word with that tech's boss man.

That Skytech receiver is a millivolt compatible unit. In fact it can be used in any standard t-stat roll up to and including 24 volt systems. Page 6 of the on-line manual.

Just call Skytech and ask. Then have a word with that tech's boss man.

Most interesting. I thought his info was suspect. When the stove is cool again I will throw it right back in. He took it out!

Most interesting. I thought his info was suspect. When the stove is cool again I will throw it right back in. He took it out!

Call Skytech and confirm because the manual I looked at may not apply to your particular unit (I suspect that it does but verify) there are tons of folks on here using those remote units with their pellet stove and have been for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.