ANOTHER TWIST TO THE GLOBAL WARMING DEBATE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
Did anyone else here this one? I heard on one of the 24/7 news channels, don't recall which one, that our planet isn't the only one that's warming up. They said Mars is getting warmer and has been losing polar ice as well. They even stated Pluto is warmer. Could be all BS for all I know but maybe global warming has something to do with the sun getting hotter?

Beat me to it, I heard this from a few different places.Maybe the Martians and Plutonites are driving SUVs, using too much electricity and not buying carbon credits?
BTW, I think we can do nothing but good by trying to be cleaner/greener, if for nothing else but to stop using oil from the Middle East.

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to pollute less and find cleaner, better sources of energy but the human induced global warming hype is just that, hype.

If you look as historical data, the earth was warmer in the past with much higher levels of CO2 than now and the disastrous effects being claimed now simply didn't happen.

My biggest problem with the human induced global warming argument is that it's mainly based on poor science or no science. They're using computer model with literally hundreds of variables with dozens of those variables being treated as constants. The models have been re-adjusted many many times and still don't reliably model temperature shifts. These models would never be allowed to be used in any other field and yet in the context of global warming they are supposedly "accurate"?

This doesn't even mention the problem that CO2 levels don't necessarily follow temperature changes and ice core data proves this out.

babalu87 said:
Beat me to it, I heard this from a few different places.Maybe the Martians and Plutonites are driving SUVs, using too much electricity and not buying carbon credits?
BTW, I think we can do nothing but good by trying to be cleaner/greener, if for nothing else but to stop using oil from the Middle East.

Agreed.....the eco-weenies think they're far apart from people like me who think that while the global temps have crept up a bit, that most of it isn't caused by man. In reality, were closer than they might think or want to admit...... as an engineer, I believe that we should (if for no other reason than efficiency) be going after more solar, wind, etc sources and thinking up ways to make electric vehicles really pollution free, i.e., make the source (electrical generation) be "green" just like the vehicle....as it is now however, if we went to electric cars today we'd have to build dozens of additional coal fired power plants to power these electric vehicles and this only transfers the pollution source from a car tail pipe to a coal-fired power plants smokestack......so...we're really not that far apart........

Status
Not open for further replies.