Another update on this weeks loads

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
Got a good sized load of oak this week. and also had a tree my uncle had a maple on his property he wanted down that a limb had fallen off. so My 84 year old grandpa gave me a hand! this was a fun one which required me to cut the tree in half in the river. grams is watchin the action

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 253
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 274
Awesome place!

ecocavalier02 said:
Got a good sized load of oak this week. and also had a tree my uncle had a maple on his property he wanted down that a limb had fallen off. so My 84 year old grandpa gave me a hand! this was a fun one which required me to cut the tree in half in the river. grams is watchin the action

ecocavalier, looks like you had a great day anyway you look at it, looks like they have some nice property.

Zap

That's great Bobby but it may have been more interesting if you'd have had to cut that while in the river! I can just picture you trying to wrap that pull rope with the tree under water. :lol:

I can see you are way ahead of us with the leaves too. Much more green there.

Backwoods Savage said:
That's great Bobby but it may have been more interesting if you'd have had to cut that while in the river! I can just picture you trying to wrap that pull rope with the tree under water. :lol:

I can see you are way ahead of us with the leaves too. Much more green there.
I did have to make one cut in the river. Lol. Tree got stuck on the bank so I had to cut it in half. But I wasn't to bad. Made for an interesting day. Was also lot of fun spending the day with grandpa.

I'll bet you did have fun and so did Grandpa! It is great to spend some time with the elders.

Experienced elder I must say. When one half got stuck in the bank my grandpa came up with the idea that if we us a 2x10 standing upright with the tow rope over it that it would lift the log up and it did I thought it would snap. But grandpa new what he was doing. An yes it is a nice piece of property.

And you can also use that idea for pulling out old fence posts. Yes, Grandpa had a great idea because he probably used that very same thing many times. Just one more reason to spend time with your elders. Glad you did it Bobby. Glean all you can from him.

He's had lots of experience cutting. And has good ideas. Old potato farmer from maine.

Status
Not open for further replies.