another used Fireview - opinions requested

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wineyarders

Mar 10, 2016
Massachusetts
Greetings hearth.com - I've been gathering a bunch of very useful information in my search for a woodstove, which has taken me away from my intial search for medium size Jotul and brought me to the Fireview. I'm going to use this stove to heat a 1300sf craftsman bungalow in Massachusetts built in the 30's and I think it should do the trick.

I've zeroed in on a used stove for sale, and was hoping the good folks on this forum could offer their observations on a few pictures before I make the trip to look and likely purchase. I haven't seen the stove in person, just the pictures. It sounds like the stove is ~6 years old, but the current owner inherited the stove when they purchased their house and have not used it. There does not seem to be a serial number to date the stove by. Any comments?
20160310_095143.jpg 20160310_095555.jpg 2016031095095136.jpg 2016031095094850.jpg 2016031095095143.jpg 2016031095094831.jpg

Welcome. Could be a decent deal if the price is right and the age correct. Ask for a close up shot of the UL label at the back bottom so that you can get the model number and maybe mfg. date. A picture of the cat would also be helpful. As for sizing it should be a good fit.

Welcome. Could be a decent deal if the price is right and the age correct. Ask for a close up shot of the UL label at the back bottom so that you can get the model number and maybe mfg. date. A picture of the cat would also be helpful. As for sizing it should be a good fit.
Thanks for your reply. I'll see if I can get a picture with the lid up. Here is a shot of the label, so a newer model, but I don;t think it tells the year.
00u0u_6uRSebMEbiO_600x450.jpg
00707_cYHtQtspgTT_50x50c.jpg

Yes, current model 205. What shape is the cat in? If ok I would think it is worth $1-1.2K. A quick touchup painting and glass cleaning should make it look pretty good.

I think that's just the heat shield tag. I don't have the Fireview here to look at, but I think the stove tag with the mfg. date is under the heat shield. Here's a pic of the Keystone tag.
P1030429.JPG
That cast combustor scoop and the bypass frame don't look warped in your pics; Stove might be in pretty good shape. The Fireview is a sweet rig. >>

Last edited:
How does that damage to the paint happen in 6 years. You pay a pile of money for it, bring it home and bang it up. I guess some people are just rough on stuff.

Reactions: heavy hammer
What are they asking for it? Looks to me like that has either been stored in the basement or outside.

Or at least somewhere there is a lot of moisture. How much do they want for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.