Another variation of the tool-less firewood rack...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brenndatomu

Minister of Fire
Aug 21, 2013
NE Ohio
I'm sure most of us have seen the super simple tool-less firewood rack system, like this one...

FEMXQLJHH2VMDY6.MEDIUM.jpg
FGTX8S4GZCITRZD.LARGE.jpg

But have you seen it's little brother...the firepit, or kindlin rack?!
BTW, none of these are my ideas or pics, just passin them along, this pic below was from over on AS

kindlin-jpg.427624

Reactions: NordicSplitter
Still haven't seen it, just

Well that's weird, shows up for me...hmm...I guess I'll try it again
kindlin-jpg.427624

11096688_10153222091991327_1388764980987961021_n.jpg

Any better?

Last edited:
Nope.

Reactions: chazcarr
Love it.

They all show up here OK.
Or now they do.

I tried that setup for a bit and found the cinder blocks would crack on me.

I tried that setup for a bit and found the cinder blocks would crack on me.
;lol Just how much wood did you have stacked on 'em?! ;lol
FYI, there is most definitely different quality levels on concrete blocks...that, and they will all degrade after a while if they are exposed to moisture constantly long term

Last edited:
The ends supporting the 2x4s would break off.

I had some crack on me too. But all the blocks here are left over construction material. Some of it is 30+ years old.
Wished I had enough to stack all my wood on them. They work great.
I only use whats free leftover materials.
I even use sapling poles instead of landscape timbers.
I try to keep the whole wood burning thing as economical as possible.

I just made one of these setups this past weekend.

It worked awesome and so simple.
Oh crap, made mine with only 1 block, it will probably fall down with a strong wind.

uploadfromtaptalk1435150313189.jpguploadfromtaptalk1435150338444.jpg

If it only lasts thru the summer and fall, it will effectively dry your kindling. So...
What more do you need?
Good point, these should be ready by November.

I also seen they (in the original pic) had the 2x4s laying flat rather than on edge. That allows the angle to widen out and gives a lot more capacity.

I also seen they (in the original pic) had the 2x4s laying flat rather than on edge. That allows the angle to widen out and gives a lot more capacity.
They wouldn't fit that way, I tried it. I was one short, so I stuck a branch in there.

Yeah, there are tons of different kinds of concrete blocks. Some HD blocks probably won't take a 2x4 flat without a bit of trimming

don't think the wife would let that fly in the living room
I bet you could make a wife-friendly version with different materials for indoor use.

Status
Not open for further replies.