Another wood i.d. question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crater22

Burning Hunk
Nov 23, 2014
brookville, indiana
009.JPG could someone id this wood for me. I have no idea but I do know that it burns hot. Loaded 5 pcs the other day and about had to open some windows. No really a bad thing, is it.

Also, these splits are 16" long and 7" across. Is that to big to burn together?

Many thanks in advance008.JPG 009.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG

Ash

I usually can't get a good burn without at least three splits of similar size, so no, those splits aren't too big to burn together - as long as you can get three in the stove together.

looking at the bark on one split in the back... looks more like black locust. Ash has that diamond shaped bark. Locust has that thick rough bark and burns hot. and that yellowy tinge and grain pattern splitting looks like locust too. Also from the pics it looks really dry

White Ash...great stuff! The 91 loves it >>.

View attachment 151316 could someone id this wood for me. I have no idea but I do know that it burns hot. Loaded 5 pcs the other day and about had to open some windows. No really a bad thing, is it.

Also, these splits are 16" long and 7" across. Is that to big to burn together?

Many thanks in advanceView attachment 151315 View attachment 151316 View attachment 151315 View attachment 151316
It's a Boxelder in my opinion. Looks just like one I felled last year. Bark included.

I cut a lot of box elder and that ain't it!

Reactions: nrford
Status
Not open for further replies.