Another Wood ID, Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr A

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2011
N. California
wood23.jpg

Just a guess, prolly wrong. But I guess Cherry.

Looks like some kind of maple leaves on the ground. Maybe Norway Maple? Just a guess. Maybe vine maple or rocky mountain maple. Both N. Cali trees.

Whack a piece open and post a picture of the grain and a good look at the bark. This might be a tough one for us "East Coasters" to I.D. but we'll see!

I have Norway maple, definitely not that, I also have cherry, the bark looks nothing like that but it may be a different type if it is...

looks like a Bradford to me.

Reactions: ScotO and Thistle
could we see more of the bark? did it have any leaves on it? Is this a test/game or your curious?

Iron wood? I see all kinds of leaves looks like a cottonwood and something that looks like ivy? NOt saying they are but i just cant tell. THis is what i call a sasquatch picture, you cant really tell what it is every one has an opinion and it could be many things. Try to get us a leaf pic after all its cut, unless it died a year ago!! And see if you can get a pic of the bark at the base and up about 6 feet, as it changes.

Swamp ash.

I have beech, I don't think it's beech

Some kind of ornamental Pear,maybe a Cherry.

Somebody should flag the CL ad for the picture showing so many different leaves. That clearly doesn't follow Hearth.Com's standards for a tree ID pic. How dare they?

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.