Another Wood ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris2879

Nov 8, 2010
Western MA
I got a bunch of silver maple this morning that you guys helped me ID, there was a different kind in there as well. Is it ash? What is a better burning wood between the silver maple and what is pictured below.
Thanks,

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20110530_201829.jpg
    IMG_20110530_201829.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 226
Yes looks like ash to me. Great stuff, way better than the soft maple. Splitting those will be a blast, looks like nice straight grained, like butta

Love me some Ash... Got an offer on a 6-8 cord truckload today (Trade for a Rifle). On vacation for the next 2 weeks. Thinking about getting it, so I can split it while I am off. Good burning wood. Fast seasoning.

Looks like White Ash, Silver Maple in the fall and spring and the Ash when it gets real cold, life is good.

I agree. And there is a huge difference between the two woods. Also, enjoy splitting that as it splits easy. Well, occasionally you will get some that is a bit twisted but most is easy splitting.

Yep, looks like the ash wood that I just picked up and split. Splits wonderfully.

Without even looking at your post and just seeing the pic I was thinking white ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.