Another wood pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelduckman

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2013
Pulaski, Mississippi
Think I got this one but wanted to share. I'm still learning so excuse my ignorance

BLACK CHERRY?

20140306_175755.jpg20140306_175821.jpg

Yes, Black Cherry in the first picture and on the left side of the second photo. Some of the wood in the second photo has bark that looks like Edible Cherry or one of the wild cherrys such as Fire Cherry or Pin Cherry. Is this all from the same tree?

Bingo we have a winner, cherry.

Yes, Black Cherry in the first picture and on the left side of the second photo. Some of the wood in the second photo has bark that looks like Edible Cherry or one of the wild cherrys such as Fire Cherry or Pin Cherry. Is this all from the same tree?

Yea same tree. I cut it about 2 months ago. Tree was small and dead standing. I'm burning some of the top now but the bottom several blocks were still pretty green. Is cherry OK usually in a year?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.