Another XXV Auger Tube? --- UPDATE 1/28/10

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear they are coming out to fix the issue! Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks for all the info on this site. I too had a noise coming from the auger, when I cleaned it I noticed the auger was discolored and had a crack at the end. My auger tube was also being eaten away. I called my dealer which informed me that the stoves with the 5 holes at the bottom of the burn pot where having this problem. He said they would replace the burn pot,auger and auger tube. My dealer did not want to do the repair in my home, so they would come and get it for a charge or I can drop it off. I am going to drop it off, they said it would take 6 to 8 hours to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.