Anti Ant spray

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtarbert

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2006
Maryland
Recently I sprayed a TSP solution on some carpenter ants. After a few minutes they were all dead. I would like some input on spraying my wood piles with a TSP solution to kill unwanted insects. Hopefully after the solution dries and the wood is burned this winter I will have a built in anti creasote logs. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
Mike

Can`t hurt. Many people put some tsp in their stoves to prevent cresote buildup. Been doing that for years.

sonnyinbc said:
Can`t hurt. Many people put some tsp in their stoves to prevent cresote buildup. Been doing that for years.

what is tsp?

iceman said:
sonnyinbc said:

what is tsp?

Trisodium Phosphate. I've used it to clean surfaces before painting.. not sure what else it's good for :)

Jay777 said:
iceman said:
sonnyinbc said:

what is tsp?

Trisodium Phosphate. I've used it to clean surfaces before painting.. not sure what else it's good for :)

hey jay where are you from?

this year we have carpenter ants in the house! been pretty went and then humid! Exterminator coming tomorrow. I dont store my firewood near my house so its not that!

I don't spray anything on the wood that I will burn in the house.

Trisodium Phosphate is the main ingredient in the anti creosoat powder that is sold in stores for adding to an active fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.