Anti Creo - Soot Spray

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I use the anti creo - soot spray in the wood stove and it works for me so I thought why not the pellet stove. I have a old plastic coffee can and put some pellets in and spray with the anti creo - soot and let dry over night. Then I add some of the sprayed pellets in the burn pot before I start it up, starts up fine will give you the results when I clean.

Zap

You really shouldn't have any creosote build-up unless you run the stove on "low" all the time.

krooser said:
You really shouldn't have any creosote build-up unless you run the stove on "low" all the time.

I clean my chimney and stove pipe every ton, I want to see if it makes a difference. We have the air setting just over 2 for the softwood pellets we are burning this year.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.