Anti Wood Buning Forum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiamma

Has anybody seen this yet, This forum talks about how wood burning stoves Kill, In fact it goes on saying that oil and space heaters are far safer.
The webmaster also goes on saying that if you dont agree with what he says he will delete your post! how can anybody defend their point of view?
Check it out here:
http://burningissues.org/car-www/index.html

I have had posts deleted, others avatars are changed, posts are rewritten and members have been baned right here at hearth.com. Any thing on the Internet is a delete click away from the eternal bit bucket. Gooogle has cached the web so you can see, read history of some things in a snap shot. You see what Web site Webmaster Administrators what you to see, what they want you to read, in THERE Internet Kingdoms. That's just a fact of life on the net.

Oh, yeah.....without any guidance from me, forum members took it on themselves last spring to populate that forum and offer other opinions.
I think the ban rate was about 50%......maybe more. Not banned stoves, banned Hearth.com members that posted something.

I stayed out of the fray except to look once in a while for a little entertainment.

Hey, it's always nice to be able to hear the other side of most stories - and there usually is another side. If you has respiratory problems and some dude was smoldering an OWB right next to your property, you would probably feel right at home in that forum.

Reactions: Realstone
Status
Not open for further replies.