Ants won't eat my Raid bait

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adios Pantalones said:
OK- sorry- they sound like rambling schizophrenics.
I was simply trying to provide a source of information I read from an article, not trying to be an expert.

I have found the liquid to be best. i did not even apply it on the cardboard they provide. I applied it where the ants traveled - in the cracks, corners or wherever. Sure enough, they disappeared.

xclimber said:
Adios Pantalones said:
xclimber said:
One of the toxic ingredients of aspartame is wood alcohol. When the temperature exceeds 86 degrees, the wood alcohol is now converted to formaldehyde, and then to formic acid, which in turn metabolic acidosis. Basically Aspartame attacks the nervous system. It's in the same class of poisons as Cyanide & Arsenic. Just kills at a much slower rate. Interesting reading @ Holistic Healthy Living.

I have a PhD in chemistry and I am having a brain cramp trying to follow this... it's like the schizophrenic rambling of someone that just knows a few chemical names
Perhaps you could state as to why aspartame is not the best thing to ingest. I was simply stating that I read it killed ants, and it was developed as an ant poison originally. Then this whole thing goes on and on, contested, contested, contested. Ridiculous. People have nothing better to do than to criticize? I thought this forum was to help people out, not go over what they say with a fine tooth comb. I guess I'll keep my mouth shut from now on and let the experts post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not intending to criticize anyone in the forum and I apologize if anyone took offense at my posting. Aspartame, it seems, to have been discovered a result of the research in developing an anti-ulcer drug. And seems to be one of the most thoroughly evaluated food additives and is approved in more than 90 countries.

Retired Guy said:
xclimber said:
Adios Pantalones said:
xclimber said:
One of the toxic ingredients of aspartame is wood alcohol. When the temperature exceeds 86 degrees, the wood alcohol is now converted to formaldehyde, and then to formic acid, which in turn metabolic acidosis. Basically Aspartame attacks the nervous system. It's in the same class of poisons as Cyanide & Arsenic. Just kills at a much slower rate. Interesting reading @ Holistic Healthy Living.

I have a PhD in chemistry and I am having a brain cramp trying to follow this... it's like the schizophrenic rambling of someone that just knows a few chemical names
Perhaps you could state as to why aspartame is not the best thing to ingest. I was simply stating that I read it killed ants, and it was developed as an ant poison originally. Then this whole thing goes on and on, contested, contested, contested. Ridiculous. People have nothing better to do than to criticize? I thought this forum was to help people out, not go over what they say with a fine tooth comb. I guess I'll keep my mouth shut from now on and let the experts post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not intending to criticize anyone in the forum and I apologize if anyone took offense at my posting. Aspartame, it seems, to have been discovered a result of the research in developing an anti-ulcer drug. And seems to be one of the most thoroughly evaluated food additives and is approved in more than 90 countries.
Wow !!!!!!!! This has gotten way off the subject for ant control.

Have you tried purple Kool-aid? ;)

I read and have used powder, straight dollar store talcum/ baby powder. Worked at my dads house where they were crawling in between the brick and siding getting into the basement and then I used it around our kitchen since it was not poisonous I did not have to worry about food, dishes and dogs getting into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.