Ants!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
Looks like I may have some unwanted guests that came in with some of the deadfall I've been bringing home. Over the past two days I've spotted five or six ants in the same area of the house. I think they came from a pile of wood I picked up a couple of days ago-I was tired when I got home and I dumped it on the side of the garage rather than carrying it all to the backyard. They're not carpenter ants (too small) which is a relief, but I still want to knock them out in a hurry. We're having a big family party at the house at the end of the month and the last thing I need is ants running around. I stopped at Lowes this morning and picked up a bunch of traps which I'll distribute throughout the house when I get home. I also got a granular product to spread around the foundation outside. Other than the obvious (moving the wood away from the house) are there any other tips and tricks to keeping these critters out?

Buy the Terro and if that doesn't take care of the buggers, buy Amdro.

Status
Not open for further replies.