Any Advise on Rebuild of 4 year old Resolute Acclaim?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zzr7ky

Minister of Fire
Jun 12, 2006
Hi -

I broke a bolt off that holds the Bypass Door in my 4 year old Resolute Acclaim. : (....

So I figure to take it out to the shop and disassemble enough to get at those holes and replace the fasteners with good stainless steel bolts. Then I'll have a fair chance of getting them out if I have occasion to go in again in the furure. The rest of the bolts a on day 2 of Kroil soak...

I notice a good deal of accumulated ash dust that needs vacuuming and blowing out.

Any words from the wise?

Thanks,
Mike P

Be careful not to damage that combustion package ! (fragile ceramic fiber box that costs $250 to replace)

Thanks -

I'm taking it into the my shop where I'll be more comfortable and can devote a little more time and attention. I'm thinking that a good detail cleaning will help things get back together in a more harmonious fashion.

Once I get the steel from in front of the combustion package free it is going to get Stainless Steel fasteners when I re-assemble.

Thanks again ,
Mike P

Status
Not open for further replies.