1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Any Advise on Rebuild of 4 year old Resolute Acclaim?

Post in 'The Gear' started by zzr7ky, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzr7ky

zzr7ky Minister of Fire

Hi -

I broke a bolt off that holds the Bypass Door in my 4 year old Resolute Acclaim. : (....

So I figure to take it out to the shop and disassemble enough to get at those holes and replace the fasteners with good stainless steel bolts. Then I'll have a fair chance of getting them out if I have occasion to go in again in the furure. The rest of the bolts a on day 2 of Kroil soak...

I notice a good deal of accumulated ash dust that needs vacuuming and blowing out.

Any words from the wise?

Thanks,
    Mike P

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Brian VT

Brian VT Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern VT
    Be careful not to damage that combustion package ! (fragile ceramic fiber box that costs $250 to replace)
  3. zzr7ky

zzr7ky Minister of Fire

Thanks -

I'm taking it into the my shop where I'll be more comfortable and can devote a little more time and attention. I'm thinking that a good detail cleaning will help things get back together in a more harmonious fashion.

Once I get the steel from in front of the combustion package free it is going to get Stainless Steel fasteners when I re-assemble.

Thanks again ,
    Mike P
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.