Any bad effects from running P43 in manual mode?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shtrdave

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2012
SW PA
Is there anything bad that can happen from doing this? I was trying to get my remote thermo to work with the programing I put in. I decided to just use the thermostat in it, have stove set to manual ignite so it doesn't shut down, the thing is the room pretty much stays at the set temp on the stat or slightly above, the distribution blower comes on for a second or so occasionally. I am not getting much more than radiant heat from the stove with the blower not running much.

A lot of us use the manual mode to save on the igniter during shoulder seasons to keep the stove from frequent ignition cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.