any body burning in jersey???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fitter9

Oct 10, 2013
central jersey
Its kind of cold at 5 am. it was 64 when i went to bed. 45 now. just lit the stove with my first top down fire. it kind of goes against how i learned to build fires. i must say it works quite well. the house should be nice and warm when the wife gets up

Been burning off and on down in south jersey for a bit now. I wanted to season the new Fireview and get a handle on the technique of a cat stove. Gonna' be chilly for the next couple days. I'll be burning low and slow during the day.

its going to be a great lazy sunday. watch some football, a few cold ones, and enjoy all the hard work of c/s/s all that wood!

Reactions: Macpolski
I know New Jersey has a reputation for mob activity and all, but I am sorry to see our website hijacked by the topic of burning bodies. :)

Burning in Baltimore on and off for a couple weeks.. my rule is the stove is lit at 45 degrees.

It was a beautiful warm night last night. Got up to let the dogs out, felt warm. (maybe from the hangover) Then, "what the hell is this white crap in the air" Ashes from a fire? Oh, SNOW. Oops, Fire is lit now. Funny how it wasn't cold till I realized it was snowing, now it feels cooold outside.

I'm southeast PA. Lit my first good fire this morning. The house got so hot by noon we had to open a few windows;lol
Now I have the stove fired up again to take the chill off.

Amazing that just a simple space between words can change the entire meaning of a post. I have to admit I briefly considered the BTU content but quickly shook it off. I'll burn all sorts of crap but draw the line way before that.

Month 2 of burning has quietly arrived in my small part of New England. It's supposed to bottom out at 21°F here tonight so I certainly have one going right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.