Any body hoarding with the current Spring prices???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished stacking 3 tons of Hamers Hot Ones in the garage. I don't have room for more than that. $224 a ton, not too bad a deal by me. :)

I am thinking of picking up 4 to 5 tons of Hamers. I got 1 already, at 210 and havn't had time to test them. I have 1 ton of press to logs left, then I will test the Hamers. I want to make sure they will burn good in my accentra insert before dropping 800 to 1000 dollars on them.

The Radiator said:
I just finished stacking 3 tons of Hamers Hot Ones in the garage. I don't have room for more than that. $224 a ton, not too bad a deal by me. :)

Nice! You got them from Primo???

forya said:
I am thinking of picking up 4 to 5 tons of Hamers. I got 1 already, at 210 and havn't had time to test them. I have 1 ton of press to logs left, then I will test the Hamers. I want to make sure they will burn good in my accentra insert before dropping 800 to 1000 dollars on them.

Nice price for the Hamers. IMO you will like them much better than the prestologs, I would be putting some through the stove will we still have a bit of cold weather to be sure the stove likes them. This deal will only last a short time. I expect prices to be back up to $275/ton by fall!

jtakeman said:
Long Pond pellet has some Somersets for $235/ton. Very good pellets!

Interesting. That place is only 8 miles from my house. I've always felt their prices were on the high side but I'll have to consider this deal with such a warm recommendation from the pellet master.

cncpro said:
jtakeman said:
Long Pond pellet has some Somersets for $235/ton. Very good pellets!

Interesting. That place is only 8 miles from my house. I've always felt their prices were on the high side but I'll have to consider this deal with such a warm recommendation from the pellet master.

I bet you would be adding another smiley in your sig with the Somersets. :cheese:

I have used LPP for my stove's replacement parts and he was very prompt getting them to me. When he gets a new Maxx M, I will be traveling to see the stove. I might pick up some Somersets while I am there! I think he has some acia pits too!

not really hoarding.
just enuf for next season.
185 bags.

Attachments

• 04-10-10_1731.jpg
    04-10-10_1731.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 583
  • 04-10-10_1732.jpg
    04-10-10_1732.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 580
Stopped in at the local pellet plant on Friday and picked up a ton of "seconds" for $180.00. Sales office explained "seconds" as a one ton pallet that has one or more bags that were pierced or torn during handling. They will not sell these to their retail distributors. I checked the pallet before loading and it had one bag with a small hole in it. The lad that loaded the pallet onto my truck threw in an extra 5 bags off of a partial pallet of "seconds" for a total of 55 bags. Not a bad deal in my eyes. 2,200 lbs of pellets for 180.00.

lol. Have 1 ton left over. Only need to buy 2
to be stocked for next season. Waiting for
the sister to hook me up with her truck.

Just bought a ton of somersets for $165 from an individual who was no longer going to burn pellets. So I have 205 bags in garage and 49 on the porch. That should get me thru next winter.

Xena said:
lol. Have 1 ton left over. Only need to buy 2
to be stocked for next season. Waiting for
the sister to hook me up with her truck.

Xena,

Got any good deals near you yet? Prices seem to be all over the place in NE.

Bantam said:
Just bought a ton of somersets for $165 from an individual who was no longer going to burn pellets. So I have 205 bags in garage and 49 on the porch. That should get me thru next winter.

Let us know how you like the Somersets? They seemed really good to me.

I carried all 200 bags (4 tons) into my basement this past weekend, for whatever reason it seemed easier and finished the job quicker. I'll share pics when I get a chance.
I am all set for next season but if I see a "steal" somewhere I'd jump on another ton......oink oink.....now I'm getting the "jay's fever"..... :)

geek said:
I carried all 200 bags (4 tons) into my basement this past weekend, for whatever reason it seemed easier and finished the job quicker. I'll share pics when I get a chance.
I am all set for next season but if I see a "steal" somewhere I'd jump on another ton......oink oink.....now I'm getting the "jay's fever"..... :)

geek,

hehe. But we might have to call it "imacman fever", Cause I caught it from him!!!

Hi Jay! Yes I have a few options for good deals
that I'm looking at.
t2002.gif
Just waiting for the truck.
Sister lives an hour away and works 6 days a week
so it's a challenge to get her down here.

Bantam said:

Let us know how you like the Somersets? They seemed really good to me.[/quote]

Somersets are my pellet of choice. Nice amount of heat and low ash.
Burned mostly Rocky Mountains this year(no Somersets when I was ready to purchase). The Rockies put out a comparable to slightly higher heat than the Somersets but put out a lot more ash so the weekly cleanings were every 5-6 days with the Rockys vs. 8-9 days with the Somersets.

cncpro said:
I'm in the market for 4 tons of decent pellets at around $220/ton but I can't find a decent deal around here. Drove by Tractor Supply in Putnam, CT today and they have a huge sign advertising pellets for $289.50/ton. I can have woodpellets.com deliver them inside my garage for less than that...

Hey TSC ! It's April. Step away from the crack pipe and go fix your sign. Surely you can do better than that in springtime...
ctpellet has hamers for 239.00 a ton if you buy more than 3 ton they give you free delivery. hard to beat that deal
Code:
ctpellet hamer hot ones
or try bt enterprise great deals at his spot

WHOO...HOOO.!

I just got 4 ton of Somesets from long pond....I love these pellets....I love this forum!!

Thanks Guys!

Werm said:
WHOO...HOOO.!

I just got 4 ton of Somesets from long pond....I love these pellets....I love this forum!!

Thanks Guys!

Werm, I am glad you like the Somersets. They throw some really nice heat! Not a bad deal at that price! :)

Bought 3 tons Hamers for 200.00 a ton. If I am reading the date correctly they were produced in
the last month. I hope the quality is the same as it has been in the past.

MCweld said:
Bought 3 tons Hamers for 200.00 a ton. If I am reading the date correctly they were produced in
the last month. I hope the quality is the same as it has been in the past.

Wow, that's cheap!

I am building a pellet shed to hold another 3 tons. I have a ton of Green Team left over from this year. Guess we did a good job on upgrading our insulation in the house, R-38 in the attic and foam in the crawl space under the house!
Just scored a local deal on a ton of Barefoots and hope to add 3 more! Will use the Green Team as "shoulder" fuel at the beginning and end of the season and the Barefoots for when it really counts!

Augustine said:
I am building a pellet shed to hold another 3 tons. I have a ton of Green Team left over from this year. Guess we did a good job on upgrading our insulation in the house, R-38 in the attic and foam in the crawl space under the house!
Just scored a local deal on a ton of Barefoots and hope to add 3 more! Will use the Green Team as "shoulder" fuel at the beginning and end of the season and the Barefoots for when it really counts!

Who did you get to spray in the foam?

I pulled another 4 ton into the shed yesterday - that's 14 for next season. Not quite enough, Ill just burn some NG fall and spring to make up the shortage.

Augustine, If I had deals like MCweld I might insulate with them Hamers (reserve fuel for time of need a bonus;)! You are wise with that insulation as it has a quick break even point to the cost of any fuel.

OK, I'll hold out until August BTU. No deals here in the wild west. woodpellets.com has stopped offering anything here as of a few weeks back. Hope 'nothing available' is not the 'bargain' I look forward to. It gets cold when snowed in!

Jay

Augustine said:

Status
Not open for further replies.