Any body hoarding with the current Spring prices???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a chance yesterday and purchased 2 tons of Maine's Choice Wood Pellets yesterday from www.woodpellets.com. I have bought from them the past two years and have been happy. The gave me a 2% discount for cash and $20 off for being a repeat customer. Final price was $261.56 a ton delivered to my garage for June/July, not a bad price for my area (S. Maine). I have used these pellets in the past and they were pretty good.

Anyway, I go into winter 2010-2011 with two tons of LGs, 1 ton of CleanFires, and 2 tons of Maine's Choice. I did the big cleaning two weeks ago and I am not firing up that "puppy" until late October 2010. I still have over 3/4 of #2 oil from December, so I'll go with that if I need any heat.

I just checked woodpellets.com and they have AWF available in the area. I didn't bother to price them out but they were a good burning pellet for me. Just another option for someone. FYI!

4 tons ordered (New Athens) for next year.
We burn 3.5 tons. Half a ton extra is equal to a pound of bacon
not a whole piggie right??!!

*****$199/ton*****

lessoil said:
4 tons ordered (New Athens) for next year.
We burn 3.5 tons. Half a ton extra is equal to a pound of bacon
not a whole piggie right??!!

*****$199/ton*****

As far as the rules went, I think its was 3 tons with another by first frost. 4 tons get you in! I hope with these prices we all become piggie's this year!

Keep us posted on the New Athens, There latest batch is supposed to be the ticket.

The 2 bags we burned a few weeks back, burned great!
I asked the dealer if the 4 tons was the same stuff.
He said it was.
Things are looking up along with the price of oil!
Current cash prices across the state are $2.65 to $2.85/gal!!

I just borrowed the work truck and took the 1 hour plus ride out to Reading, Pa to get 5 tons of Hamers @ 210/ton. Should be enough for a year and a half. If I can get a little more space I might even pick up another 2 tons.

Well its a bit cold here and I am dipping into the next years stash. I hope I don't need to burn up too many!

Well at least the pellet salesmen and mills are smiling! :lol: (right BTU?????) :)

I might need to split a ton with someone close by????? Got to go bug the locals see who's in the same boat!

jtakeman said:
Long Pond pellet has some Somersets for $235/ton. Very good pellets!

Well they were out of stock for a few days but they were supposed to get a shipment in yesterday and I have 4 tons scheduled for delivery Monday AM.

Thanks for the recommendation jtakeman. It feels good to do business locally and you gave me the confidence I needed (in Somerset Pellets) to make it happen.

cncpro said:
jtakeman said:

Well they were out of stock for a few days but they were supposed to get a shipment in yesterday and I have 4 tons scheduled for delivery Monday AM.

Thanks for the recommendation jtakeman. It feels good to do business locally and you gave me the confidence I needed (in Somerset Pellets) to make it happen.

Keep us posted on them. Your quad should love um!

Hopefully they didn't throw you out of the store when you mentioned my name?? :lol:

Hey pelletdude, When you getting a Maxx M????? I want to come check it out! Maybe pick up some samples of the Hassle and Hughes to try too!

jtakeman said:
cncpro said:
jtakeman said:

Hopefully they didn't throw you out of the store when you mentioned my name?? :lol:

Hey pelletdude, When you getting a Maxx M????? I want to come check it out! Maybe pick up some samples of the Hassle and Hughes to try too!

Well Long Pond Pellets delivered exactly what I asked for exactly when promised. They even showed up a few minutes early. All 4 tons were securely wrapped from the Somerset factory and there was no rips in the shrink wrap so I left 3 of them on the floor fully wrapped and stacked the 4th ton of Somersets and a leftover ton of LG Granules on top.

I haven't burned any yet but I opened a bag and they look great and smell like fresh oak.

If Long Pond Pellets continues to offer competitive pricing and great service I'll be back every year.

I got 4 tons delivered for $975 and they happily rolled them to the back of my garage with the pallet jack.

Pellet Pig status achieved 3 years in a row and now I don't have to think about it for another year. If anybody needs me I'll be in the garden.

P.S. Yes it really happened and here's the proof. :coolgrin:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cncpro said:
jtakeman said:
cncpro said:
jtakeman said:

Well Long Pond Pellets delivered exactly what I asked for exactly when promised. They even showed up a few minutes early. All 4 tons were securely wrapped from the Somerset factory and there was no rips in the shrink wrap so I left 3 of them on the floor fully wrapped and stacked the 4th ton of Somersets and a leftover ton of LG Granules on top.

I haven't burned any yet but I opened a bag and they look great and smell like fresh oak.

If Long Pond Pellets continues to offer competitive pricing and great service I'll be back every year.

I got 4 tons delivered for $975 and they happily rolled them to the back of my garage with the pallet jack.

Pellet Pig status achieved 3 years in a row and now I don't have to think about it for another year. If anybody needs me I'll be in the garden.

I am glad that LPP took good care of a fellow member. Like I said before, Pelletdude took good care of me! Looks like a nice stash and you should be toasty warm next winta! :coolsmile:

pulled the trigger on 6 tons for next year, D&J in Sanford, ME, ordered today, delivery tomorrow, $85 for the first two tons and $5 for each ton after that. I got 3 tons MWP, they burn fine in my OPB, and 3 tons NEWP, I almost went for 6 tons of MCP (maine's choice) from woodpellet.com, but couldn't get a good feel for them here. The price was only going to be about $3 different with delivery. Does anyone know what the $29 savings for paying by check with woodpellet.com deal is? If I could have found out about it and gotten it they would have gotten by $$.
This is it for me as my pellet bunker will be full after this, six tons lasted me until last week, and I fired up the end of september.

rowerwet said:
Does anyone know what the $29 savings for paying by check with woodpellet.com deal is? If I could have found out about it and gotten it they would have gotten by $$.
This is it for me as my pellet bunker will be full after this, six tons lasted me until last week, and I fired up the end of september.

I think they add the chargecard fee's into there prices. Similar to the gas stations cash deal, They are now giving a discount when you pay by check. Most charge cards don't let them charge a chargecard processing fee so this is what they have come up with. The processing fee is already added in to the price so if you pay by cash or check. You get a discount!

This post should help?
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/36795/

Yep, Woodsman is officially in! OINK OINK!!!

Don't forget to the required quote from eernest1 in your signature line:

“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves” - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

imacman,

I think we are going to have a banner year as far as new piggies added to the club.

Welcome to the club woodsman23. :)

jtakeman said:
imacman,

I think we are going to have a banner year as far as new piggies added to the club.

Especially if the price for oil/gas keeps rising. However, I DID see a report that indicates that heating oil may drop soon. I'll be filling my tank if it does, and I'll be all set for next winter.

So far I have seen
Barefoot $225.00
Energex $239.00

Last time i was at the box stores the prices had gone up. I am hoping for someone to dump prices and move some pallets. Anyone else have prices in the Finger Lakes area of NY? A grocery store in Trumansburg had $199.00 pa pellets but after horrible reviews i held off.

Just scapped-up 41 bags of Premier Hardwood (same as Juniata) from a couple who are selling their home.....they wanted the pellets cleared out of the garage. $140 took them all ( or $170/ton, or $3.41/bag). Good deal in my book. I guess it DOES pay to keep an eye on places like Craigs list.

My pellet stash is now at 5.1 tons, and I'll be keeping my eye open for more between now and Sept. OINK!

I just picked up 2 of the 4 ton of Somersets I ordered from LPP over the weekend,(acutally 3.5t). Steve had the pallets pretty much ready to go as I pulled in. Aside from being a 1hr ride for me, I have NO complaints.
The pallets were factory wrapped and dry, Steve worked w/me to get the pallets onto my trailer and I was in and out in less than 15 min.

When I got home I unloaded into my garage & basement, I had only 1 ripped bag and it was from my gorrilla fingers! The pellets smell wonderfull just like a pile of White Oak, I can't wait to get to burnin' season!

I have no "Piggie" status as the other tonnage belongs to my neighbor, but I'm now stacked with 2t of somersets and 4 bags of NEWP's (shoulder seas. for sure) and an estimated 10 cord of wood for 2010/2011.

If anybody happens to see the oil man, tell 'em I said hi!

passed a shop on RT 20 near wocester, MA today, they had many many pallets of pellets stacked out in the open, a bunch didn't have the wrappers over the bags and the upper bags had exploded from the puffing pellets, somebody lost a bunch of money!

rowerwet said:
passed a shop on RT 20 near wocester, MA today, they had many many pallets of pellets stacked out in the open, a bunch didn't have the wrappers over the bags and the upper bags had exploded from the puffing pellets, somebody lost a bunch of money!

Yup, some people never learn.

Found a deal on craigslist for 4 tons of Atlas Premium Red Fir Pellets at @ $175 per ton. I have been able to purchase 2nds from the local plant at $180 per ton (one or two bags stabbed with the forklift during handling) manager replaces any torn bags that are visible when loading the pallet. So far I have 6 tons stored in the basement (1.5 tons left over from last year and hauled in an additional 4.5 tons), and have 3 tons in reserve in the garage. I'll quit hoarding when I run out of room or money!

Status
Not open for further replies.