Any Breckwell P22 Owners or knowledgeable Members Out There?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

So I was cleaning out the hopper on my stove today and while getting the last of the pellets way down by the auger I grabbed what seemed to be a rubber band. Upon further review I noticed that it wasn't a rubber band but rather some sort of silicone seal. It appears to have been around the top of the auger. I would hate to think that such a small amount of silicone seal would jeopardize the integrity and safety of the stove or hopper. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Ag.jpg
    Ag.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 325
KatWill said:
So I was cleaning out the hopper on my stove today and while getting the last of the pellets way down by the auger I grabbed what seemed to be a rubber band. Upon further review I noticed that it wasn't a rubber band but rather some sort of silicone seal. It appears to have been around the top of the auger. I would hate to think that such a small amount of silicone seal would jeopardize the integrity and safety of the stove or hopper. Any thoughts?

Yeah, I kinda doubt it will effect anything seriously, but if the Breckwell needs to have an airtite seal in the hopper, it might change the way your fire burns......notice anything different since removing it? Can you see where it came from?

have not see any p22 personaly but im sure it is were the sealed the hopper to the auger tube.
you might be able to see were it came from by looking from the underside auger tube/hopper

Thanks guys. Appreciate your help. I havent really noticed any difference in performance Macman. I called Breckwell and never heard back from them after leaving two messages.

KatWill said:
Thanks guys. Appreciate your help. I havent really noticed any difference in performance Macman. I called Breckwell and never heard back from them after leaving two messages.

Another person who is very knowledgeable about Breckwell stoves is Eric at Kinsman Stoves.....he's a dealer, and has helped a lot of forum members out in the past. Try PM to "Kinsman Stoves" and include the link to this thread so he can see the pic too.

really hard to help if we cant see the stove or hopper

Status
Not open for further replies.