Any Cheeseheads here???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sturno

Jan 16, 2009
SE Wisconsin
I'm from SE WI (West Bend) and am looking hard into a pellet stove. Was hoping some of you from this area could give me a head start as to where to look, what to look for, what size or output I'll need, and possibly some reputable dealers you may know or have used. I've done some homework already and didn't know this site even existed 'til about 5 minutes ago.

Thanks for any help in advance..

There's a user here named "jtp10181", I believe he is out of Madison. He works in the inductry and has always been very helpful!

Your about an hour away from Earth Sense Energy Systems, they are in Dale WI. Thats where I bought mine. They are offering 0% interest or 4 tons of pellets with a stove purchase right now.

I bought mine in Madison at Fireplace Folks however i know in Beaver Dam there is a extremely good place and i believe they give a free ton of pellet for purchase of a stove. I think

If you are looking for something that you can install yourself, try fleet farm, or home depot. I'm in west bend myself, and I got my stove at HD a couple of years ago at the end of the heating season for half price. I don't know if they will put them on sale again this year, but it might be worth the wait.

I had a local guy help my out with the install that was pretty good, he just helped me cut the holes in the walls and with my pellet vent mounting on the house. I wasn't comfortable cutting my wall open, nor did I have the tools for it. If you'd like his name, I should be able to find his card around here somewhere. I've used him for a couple of jobs and he was pretty good.

There is a stove place in cedarburg, and another one on hwy nn going east of west bend. They may be worth checking out as well. I really didn't care too much personally for the guy off hwy nn. He seemed like kind of a jack to me. Pellets were pretty high priced too.

I think the local tennies hardware also sells stoves as well as a place called Frenz market in cedarburg or theinsville. The Frenz market is kind of like a steins gardens and gifts place.

Good luck on your search for a stove.

I live in the Randolph area and purchased an Englander at Lowe's in Plover a year ago when they cleared them out at 50%. The guy in Beaver Dam (Earth Sense) is good if you want an installed stove and are willing to pay the price. I am a DIY kind of guy and did the install myself. I purchase pellets at the local Menards although I have been less than impressed with the burn quality and am looking for a different brand for the future. Earth Sense treats their customers pretty well from what I've been told but they have 3-4 different prices on their pellets depending on how much they like you. Actually it's related to your relationship to their business.

kimeric said:
http://www.pellethead.com
if u need dealer support these guys know their stuff.

I would recommend against this

Stay as FAR away from the Pellet Nazi as possible

I'm near McFarland and got my stove from Zastrow Heating in Watertown. I've been buying my pellets from the Burner Boys in Brodhead, but that's quite a haul from West Bend.

Sting said:
kimeric said:
http://www.pellethead.com
if u need dealer support these guys know their stuff.

I would recommend against this

Stay as FAR away from the Pellet Nazi as possible
please explain

Well, here's a bad story, and a good story from my dealings with them.

Bad - When I bought my stove, I did a self install. I was given the wrong size exhaust adapter, and had to go back twice to get the right size. Once I did, I asked for some type of compensation for driving 40 miles twice to get the part that I should have been given in the first place. I was pretty much shown the door.

Good - They replaced my ESP under warranty without any trouble whatsoever. Plus, the accessory credit I got with my stove hasn't expired. I used it last spring, and it's been almost three years since I got my stove.

They do have a big selection of stoves, and guarantee to have pellets anytime, for stove customers. But, they can seem a little arrogant once they sell you the stove. All in all, I would consider buying another stove from them.

A fellow CheeseHead here.

We need to band together to fight off all of those easterner's that outnumber us on this board.

Good luck with you stove search.

travlnusa said:
A fellow CheeseHead here.

We need to band together to fight off all of those easterner's that outnumber us on this board.

Hey there.....watch it there you Cheetos :mad:
:lol:

Canned Heat said:
I'm from SE WI (West Bend) and am looking hard into a pellet stove. Was hoping some of you from this area could give me a head start as to where to look, what to look for, what size or output I'll need, and possibly some reputable dealers you may know or have used. I've done some homework already and didn't know this site even existed 'til about 5 minutes ago.

See craigs list in your area and or ebay for your area for a used pellet/corn stove

GotzTheHotz said:
There's a user here named "jtp10181", I believe he is out of Madison. He works in the inductry and has always been very helpful!

JTP is a good guy and very helpful. I bought my stove though the company he works for (Madison-west side) and would recommend--at
least from my wood stove experience and continued service. If he can't help you, he may be able to refer you to someone who can.

Lots of cheeseheads here, but maybe not burning pellets. :)

And what's an 'inductry'? My bad I guess...

Canned Heat said:

If I may I am not from your area from NE PA do not buy a pellet stove unless u have a source closepellets by and willing to add small maintenance in weekly cleaning of flue from unit into exterior vent must tap lightly or vac. Invest in a wood stove coal combo ex: vermont stove etc. Pellet stove invest only if the pellet cost keep rising $ initially 2$ bag now 7$ this is not right. good luck
kv

Status
Not open for further replies.