Any difference between Rock Flex and Forever Flex?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tkirk22

Nov 20, 2007
VA Mountains
These liners look very much alike but the prices are different. Are they made by the same company and sold to different distributors under different brand names? Or is one manufacturer licensing the liner technology from the other? Or is one a copy? Or... ?

Forever Flex is a product of Olympic Chimney Supply and an item that I bought from Rockford was shipped from Olympic Chimney Supply sooooo....

Thanks. I finally managed to talk to a distributor. His answer was that they are the same but with a changed name so as not to conflict with what the professional installers are using.

FYI ... this is a duplicate of my other thread (https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/24155/) but I am including here for completeness

I ended up emailing Rockford and this rumor is false. They are (or are no longer) the same product. See the emails below:

from Phil <*@gmail.com>
to Rockford Chimney Supply <[email protected]>
date Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:00 AM
subject Planning my Install

Hello,

I heard rumors that your 316Ti SS “Rock-Flex” liner is made by Olympia and is the exact same product as “Forever Flex”.

Can you confirm or deny this rumor?

Thanks!
- Phil

from Rockford Chimney Supply <[email protected]>
to Phil <*@gmail.com>
date Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 7:07 PM
subject Re: Planning my Install

Ours is as good or better, if you do not agree when it arrives please let me know, Thanks Brad

We bought the Forever Flex from the Chimney Sweep Online who is also a member of the forums. Great product. I would recommend.

I'm not saying that the two products aren't different, but the email that you received from Rockford Chimney Supply doesn't really answer the question about them being the same product from the same company just marketed under different names.

Status
Not open for further replies.