Any Dodge RAM 50 fans?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
I know there's a following for the Jeep Comanche, so i figured there'd be one for the Dodge Ram 50, as well. There is one for sale here. It's a 4x4 and I bet it's around 1990 or so (i can tell it's not the older one, that's about it). they are asking 1500 for it. I'm not interested, but it could be a fun truck for piddling around in if that's your thing.

A buddy of mine had one during college, I think it was like a 1988 or 89 4X4, I was a tough little truck, believe it was made by Mitsubishi and sold by Dodge. We took that little truck everywhere and It kept up with my 88 Nissan Hardbody. I think he had like a 1/4 of a million miles on it when he finally got rid of it. No major problems and we punished those little trucks when we were growing up!

my little brother has a 92 might max (same truck) that has been rode hard and put away wet for several years with normal maitanence, and not one major problem.

My father had one, had to have been the early 80's. He beat the heck out of it then sold it to a farmer who did the same. Tough little bugger it was...

Matt

Ram 50's were tough little trucks! them and chevy luv's. just not that many parts round for them any more. not worth 1500 unless is real nice, but 400 maybe!

I had one when I was younger, it was a 1986. Older style with the quad headlights, man I beat the crap out of that thing. Hauled dirt bikes, firewood, snowmobiles, you name it! It was fun for what it was, I did manage to tear the 5 speed up though. I bought a wrecked one and cannibalized the heck out of it to keep mine going!

I had one as a teenager. I never changed the oil, just ran it for 20K miles until it started ticking and then sold it.
It HAD to be a tough lil engine by Mitsu lol. Bad thing is, I took auto mech for 3 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.