Any Enviro owners try this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flynfrfun, I like that setup...what gauge aluminum did you use? Also is it that the pellets fall more to the left? Or is it that the agitator rotation pushes the pellets to the left? I use the premium pellet setting all the time so, low agitation use. Bill

Yes, it appears that due to the rotation direction of the auger it tends to give the pellets a slight push to the left which fills the left side of the pot more than the right. If you notice right after the agitator finishes it's cycle, the flame will be pretty even across the pot, but then start favoring the left side again after a while. So, no it's not the agitator that causes the left side flame, it's the way the pellets come down the chute. I use premium mode as well. The sheet metal is from Home Depot and is 26 gauge. It's not aluminum, it says "zinc coated sheet metal" on the sticker. It came in a small 18" square sheet and was cheap. You can fine tune the amount of pellet deflection by bending the left side vertical more or less to the right...like a rudder on a boat or plane. The right side of the deflector really doesn't do anything. All it takes is to deflect a small % of the pellets back to the right to get an even flame.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Status
Not open for further replies.