Any experience with Ctpellet.com and Main pellets or have a pellet suggestion in New Haven, CT area?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kh395269

Mar 27, 2008
CT
Anyone have experience with Ctpellet.com and Maine pellets? I am thinking of maybe ordering from there ($259 a ton) unless anyone has a better suggestion around the New Haven, CT area? I believe the delivery charge is $75 for the 1st ton - $10 each thereafter. Unfortunately, there are not very many distributors close to me. :( Thanks, Kim

I have pre-bought and never had any problems. I would suggest you spend $10.00 more per ton and get the Michigan pellets. They are hotter and have less ash. Well worth the $10.00 price jump.

JMO
jay

jtakeman said:
I have pre-bought and never had any problems. I would suggest you spend $10.00 more per ton and get the Michigan pellets. They are hotter and have less ash. Well worth the $10.00 price jump.

JMO
jay

I recently posted a test of a few brands of pellets (maine being one of them that I actually bought from CT pellet). They basically produce less heat and alot of ash. Although a good value I would recommend getting the michigans for $10 more as stated by jtakeman and as recommended by CT pellet.

I actually purchased 1/2 tone of michigans and turnmans for an expanded comparison test next year.....

-Greg

Thanks Guys for the recommendation! I will keep that in mind for next time. I'm glad now I didn't go with the Maine. I ended up buying 4 tons of New England early this morning from Burn Time Enterprises for $259. New England seems to be pretty reliable from all the posts and BT was also recommended to me. Perhaps I paid a little more this year, but hopefull it will save me some aggrivation. I had to actually sift the Pennington the sawdust was sooo bad, and I still have about a ton left. :( It will be such a pleasure to just pour a bag of pellets in. :) - Kim

Kim,
It sounds like you'll be quite happy. I've used both BT and NEWP in the past and I've had excellent luck with both. :)

Great! Very happy to hear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.