Any experience with Morso 6143?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brianbeech

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2011
Southern IN
Link for reference: http://www.morsona.com/index.php/contemporary-morso-stove/morso-6143.html

I'm new to wood burning in stoves and think this will be a GREAT way to heat the house both for cost and cleanliness. Having said that, my wife wants something pleasing to the eye and will not take any 'non-contemporary' stove designs. I have gotten her to agree to a Morso 6143. Very nice looking and I saw the 7642 (which is strikingly similar) burning in a shop and it was as beautiful as she imagined.

My question is - does anyone have any experience with these new 'contemporary' stoves? I'm just looking for some thumbs up/thumbs down advice and things to think about before deciding to purchase such a thing.

Thanks for any help!

Tiny firebox that only takes 12" wood. It won't go long on a charge of fuel. Is this for heating or just a nice fire on evenings and weekends? If heating, how large an area are you trying to heat?

BeGreen said:
Tiny firebox that only takes 12" wood. It won't go long on a charge of fuel. Is this for heating or just a nice fire on evenings and weekends? If heating, how large an area are you trying to heat?

I have a Jotul 118 downstairs to supplement (or keep my fuel oil from running as much) and this stove would be between our living room and dining room to keep us warm while watching TV. It would not be a 'run all-nighter'.

Status
Not open for further replies.