Any experience with Pelco Boilers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deering

Jan 1, 2009
Juneau, Alaska
Exploring heating options for a multi-building facility and ran across the Greenwood Pelco outdoor pellet boiler. A pair of them might be adequate for my needs.

Anyone installed or operated one? Any comments, good or bad, about it?

NO - but you might add yourself to IBC and PM Burnsalot

You shouldn't have any issues with pellets in that fine machine - save the consumption amounts to produce the BTU's you need. Too bad your not closer to the coal supplies of Healey.

MX900 said:
Check out the Max Ox boilers at www.gototalenergy.com. They will handle wood chips, pellets, etc... with superb automation and user friendly features. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Best Regards,
MX900

900,000 btu's is pretty big. Do you make a smaller unit that can be used in a residential setting?

SDROBERTSON,

We do not make a boiler smaller than 900K BTUH, although the current boiler will fully modulate down to 150K with an effective O2 control,variable speed drives, auto ash removal, etc...
Thanks for the question. This is a nice forum. I've been following it for several years and decided I might as well as start posting :). We used to sell the Eko boilers,(good product), several years ago and I like to keep up on the wood gasser conversations on this forum.
Warm Regards,
Matt

Nice, but how much?

Chips would be ideal but the issue I have is how to store them. Where we are they would end up as a frozen block.

Status
Not open for further replies.