Any Feedback on Marathon?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fint

Jul 16, 2008
Capitol Region, NY
Does anyone have wisdom to share about Marathon dual fuel (oil/wood) boilers? We are considering one with an indirect water heater. Their website does not offer much info.

Thanks!!

I used one for 9 years (the combo). It rusted out at the return, so I'm guessing that I should have put in some sort of return temp protection. Overall, I thought it was a very nice little boiler, but nothing compared to a gasifier.

Here's a start:

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/21981/

Basically, gasifiers burn the smoke that normal wood-fired boilers send up the stack and recover more heat from it. They cost more upfront, but you burn a lot less wood and produce no smoke or creosote in the process. Check out our sponsors (top and bottom banners) for more information on pricing, technology, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.