Any fellow corn burners here?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap !!! How come nobody told me I was suppose to Rapidly Oxidize my corn first.....what the heck is that?? And here all I've been doing is to get it out of the bin and dumpin' it in the hopper.

I burn corn. Use either oyster shell or 15-20 percent pellets mixed. I buy my corn at the local feed mill.

Transitioning this week as pellets no longer the cheaper option. Surrounded by corn but nearby farmers selling ear corn. Purchased from elevator and oxidizing in a bixby.

Love to burn corn here but we have Farmers that have been groing burn corn for some time. Yes there is a difference burn corn from feed corn.
1.) using medium size kernals
2.) slow dry to around 12% with the heat less than 100 degrees.
3.) double sifted before bagging.
Price is $225 a ton to $275.

Does help a lot.

Eric

I am 4 tonne into this season so far with a Countryside Magnum insert.
Local feed mill supplied the last 2 tonne, a local Dairy farmer the first 2 tonne.
Definitely screen it 2-3x. I have almost 3 bags of "chop" to start my pasture calves on this Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.