Any fix yet for the Mt Vernon click??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGISLANDHIKERS

Feeling the Heat
Sep 12, 2007
Had my Quad for about 4 years. Since day one the auger makes a clicking noise on low and ml. Dealer replaced auger 3 years ago but it still does it. Is this an issue everyone has? My dealer says Quad knows about it but he didn't know if there was a fix yet. Its very annoying.

BIH

Never heard any clicking noise and mine runs on low and medium-low quite often.

I hear it but from what I understand there isn't a fix for it.

For some strange reason whenever I burn on sunflower setting I never hear it?

For those of you who have never burned on sunflower setting what a difference it makes!

Sunflower at -5 flame height and the heat is amazing!

Is the fuel consumption much higher using sunflower setting?

smoke show said:
Is the fuel consumption much higher using sunflower setting?

I haven't noticed a big difference when burning hardwood.

I did notice a difference however when burning softwood.

So the extra pellets being used on Sunflower equals off to normal pellet useage imo and gets more into the pot[/quote]

I just like the heat.

The difference is definitely noticeable!

JoeS said:
I hear it but from what I understand there isn't a fix for it.

For some strange reason whenever I burn on sunflower setting I never hear it?

For those of you who have never burned on sunflower setting what a difference it makes!

Sunflower at -5 flame height and the heat is amazing!

As per JoeS, I’ve been using the Sunflower setting on hardwood pellets for the last 2 months or so and the difference in heat is unbelievable! Even running at -5 and blower speed on quite. The flame height is just above the flame symbol. I wish the feed rate could be adjusted down more. Pellet consumption is the same as hardwood, but the heat output is outstanding - It’s like a different stove. Where’s the cold weather when you need it!

Its been a while since I tried the sunflower setting. If I remember right it feed to much fuel into the pot and it burned too rich and lazy.

BIH

Status
Not open for further replies.