Any good experience from wood supplier? - CL ads

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingpig

Jan 23, 2010
Cary, NC
Being a new user for wood burning, I've just only purchased wood twice from the same guy from CL. But I didn't really feel satisfy with the goods (too green, and less volume than advertised). But I didn't say anything since his price is a bit cheaper than other so I figured out it might be the same price/cord from other.

But seems like it's not only me who is frustrated!!

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/wan/2053442511.html

Cheers.....Som

Selling firewood seems to be like selling used cars, there all "super bargains". If more people told these guys to just drive away it might help. It's sad when you need to deal with the "best of the crooks". Good luck, hope you find an honest one, Randy

My first load last year, was from a guy who was one of those types that "take what I got or $^*$@ you! I stopped using him, after the first load.

Then (after shopping around) I found a fella who was willing to consider himself a "partner" (as it were) in our home heating. He took his cutting very seriously, and made recommendations as he saw them. Cooperation and consideration were both part of his attitude toward us. The wood he delivered was exactly what he said it would be, and it was fairly priced for the market area.

There are those in here of course (and there are many) who will chime in as DIY'ers, and that's great! They have the time, the resources, ......good for them. It's BECAUSE of folks like them, that "we" consumers have wood for the season, and we thank them with our money.

I found a good oil man years ago, and now I've found a good wood man! It's Latin, and I'm sure I'll spell it wrong, but you'll understand: "Caveo Em Te" ("Let the Buyer beware").

-Soupy1957

If I bought wood, I would have no problem telling those who do not deliver what they advertise, to go back to where they came from. I would love to see their face when they go to deliver an advertised cord of seasoned wood that is actually green 3/4 cord, and I grab a few splits, hit it with a moisture meter then tell them ummmmm NO !!!! If more people would do that the sellers would learn their lesson, and stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.