Any hearth members in central Tennessee new Cookeville?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
Okay, this is a stretch but I would love to buy a wood stove from someone in Tennessee and they dont want to ship it. I hope that I might be able to convince them to deliver it locally to some firm that would put it on a pallet and shrink wrap it and ship it. I don't mind driving some distance to pick up toys but a 1000 miles one way is a bit long. Its about 2' high with the legs off by 25" deep by 21" long and weighs about 230 pounds so its pretty small but would need the legs taken off and packed inside then shrink wrapped to keep all the loose parts from moving and strapped to pallet.

Any suggestions? Right now the only option I can find is a UPS store.

You could probably get it arranged with someone using http://www.uship.com/ I've used that once and was very pleased with the results. But (and it may be a big but) I doubt you're going to find anyone willing to remove the legs and palletize the thing...they're likely to just want to pick it up and drop it off. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.