Any help with this stove appreciated

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rsultsmayvary

Jun 7, 2022
Augusta WV
The only documentation I could find says its a ASW Huntsman 241. In the diagram the top plate is different than mine and their is no heat transfer tube in ours. The upper box entrance is split evenly and the entrance to the upper chamber is centered and has a small lip pointing upwards in the plating on the back side that looks as though maybe a pipe could lay there. We've used it for 5 years and were considering buying a newer stove however this stove works perfectly, don't fix it if it ain't broke. Does anyone have any info on this and is it EPA certified. Thanks.

20220607_181852.jpg20220607_182618.jpgIMG_20171019_125909.jpg20201007_112543.jpg

The only documentation I could find says its a ASW Huntsman 241. In the diagram the top plate is different than mine and their is no heat transfer tube in ours. The upper box entrance is split evenly and the entrance to the upper chamber is centered and has a small lip pointing upwards in the plating on the back side that looks as though maybe a pipe could lay there. We've used it for 5 years and were considering buying a newer stove however this stove works perfectly, don't fix it if it ain't broke. Does anyone have any info on this and is it EPA certified. Thanks.View attachment 296089View attachment 296090View attachment 296091View attachment 296092
It is absolutely not EPA certified. I don't think it's even ul listed. Also if that is your install you have some safety issues.

What is the tee for above the elbow?

It looks like a first-gen model or a prototype.