Any holdouts gonna cave in the Northeast?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I got home around 5:30, started the stove around 6. Upstairs was 59 at startup and around 70 around 11 when we went to bed. Turned it down and was nice and comfortable all night.

When my better half got here around 7:30 pm and went by the basement stairway, she stopped and said " Is that an orange glow I see? What's wrong with you?". Her coming by for the weekend was a big part in my 1st burning, she's been burning off and on for a few weeks now.

I too like it cooler, BUT As Smokey always says, keep her happy, and you will be happy !!!

I held out until a week ago, maybe a little longer now, but I was still installing my stove. Since then, I've had it going twice.
Our first stove and our first fires, and we love it, almost actually looking forward to using it more - I say "almost" because I'm not going to be able to sit in front of it all the time, will still have to go out into that cold.....but atleast when I'm home and inside I'll be nice and comfortable.

Had my stove installed on Wednesday and fired it up after installation was finished.
Set the thermostat and so far I'm on bag #2.

I said nov 1st...

i tried to cave.

my stove said no. pos. lol

MAYBE i'll make it to nov 1st afterall.

I've been burning off and on for the past week. Just to take the chill off at night. I have mine set for 75 degrees so it comes on when it needs to. Since the house is pretty well insulated it on comes on at night for a short period of time. I've burned maybe two bags in the past week.

First burn last night here in Nor Cal. The old Trail Blazer kicked right off, although I still need to do the"pre-season" cleaning.

Days in the 80's, nights in the 40's here...it does feel gooood! ;)

No rules or deadlines here ever....
tug.gif

Feel most comfy when it's 72-76F inside the
house and outside so...I bought the stove to
stay warm and fire it up when I need to.
marsh.gif

First year since going over to the "dark side", that we did not light the stove in September. Lit it one night the beginning of October and then off on vacation down South. Back over the weekend and just finished bag #1. One ton of Green Team left over for "shoulder pellets" and three tons of Barefoot on deck!

gbreda said:
Well, I got home around 5:30, started the stove around 6. Upstairs was 59 at startup and around 70 around 11 when we went to bed. Turned it down and was nice and comfortable all night.

When my better half got here around 7:30 pm and went by the basement stairway, she stopped and said " Is that an orange glow I see? What's wrong with you?". Her coming by for the weekend was a big part in my 1st burning, she's been burning off and on for a few weeks now.

I too like it cooler, BUT As Smokey always says, keep her happy, and you will be happy !!!

Squier's raised there prices $10 a ton, while prices have come down to under $200 you keep raising, well the price of crude oil dropped $3.44 today..finally, we'll see how long you can rip us off for, i got $150ton pellets so they ain't okies but if i crankum up it will sure feel like it!!

Pellet-King said:
gbreda said:

Squier's raised there prices $10 a ton, while prices have come down to under $200 you keep raising, well the price of crude oil dropped $3.44 today..finally, we'll see how long you can rip us off for, i got $150ton pellets so they ain't okies but if i crankum up it will sure feel like it!!

huh?

Oop's quoted wrong person...DOH

Status
Not open for further replies.