Any Idea about cost to install DV freestanding fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydro3

Sep 21, 2008
Western Idaho
Hi there I was wondering if anyone out there had an idea of how much it would cost to install the exhaust setup for a DV stove? I am going to need about 6-feet of flat black DV pipe, up to the ceiling, and then penetrate the ceiling and the roof and the terminations up above. Anyone have any ideas on costs? I am located in Boise, idaho.

Thanks for any info.

If you are going to have a pro do it, I would guess about $900 labor and material. This does not include the gas line hookup, but that may not be bad if the same contractor does it.

Labor rates can vary greatly, but I am figuring two people for 3/4 of a day - maybe 500-600 labor plus 400 material.

Status
Not open for further replies.