1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Any idea how many indoor gassers are in use?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by mikefrommaine, Oct 27, 2012.

1. I saw what looked like a dealer delivering a boiler yesterday. Had a nice trailer setup, basically a landscape trailer with an overhead gantry crane so they could easily unload the boiler. It was a green boiler with grey doors. So either an eko or biomass. I didn't know there was any local distributors.

I've actually come across two installed eko boilers recently as well. All of which makes me wonder how wide spread these things are? I imagine very few of the actual owners actually post here. One of the eko owners I met had never heard of hearth.com

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    I've asked myself this same question Mike. My thought process was that we can't tell from the chimneys in the winter....... It's like when I have my Quadrafire burning in the LR, outside no one would ever know I burn wood, completly smoke free after 10min.

I have stumbled upon a few Greenwoods, and an Econoburn in larger apartment buildings that I never knew burned wood, right in town too.

TS
  3. RobC

RobC Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Foxboro MA
    I get to travel the metrowest area of Boston. I see many a back yard with more than just the average wood stove wood pile. I also see many out buildings with stove pipes. To small for a garage, but just right for a boiler room man cave. Makes you scratch your head....Bet you there a lot more out there than any one would figure.
    Here's to a good season... Rob
  4. avc8130

avc8130 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    God's Gift to Gassification
    There must be quite a few. Plenty of boiler companies in business with plenty of distributors/retailers.

Probably not nearly as many as wood stoves, but I bet the number keeps increasing as time goes by.

ac
  5. henfruit

henfruit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Hampshire-Maine border
    Mike what town in Maine did you see this?
  6. North windham
  7. henfruit

Loc:
    MIke, red truck green trailer between 8:30 9:00?
  8. Green trailer. Didn't see the truck, just caught the corner of my eye as I passed it parked at a gas station. About that time, was it you?
  9. henfruit

Loc:
    That was me.