Any Indiana residents with IDEM contacts in air quality division?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atlarge54

Dec 3, 2007
Hoosier
I just received email reply from IDEM regarding status of OWB action. In 2006 IDEM requested input from citizens regarding OWB's. The reply from IDEM was, no information is available that is more current than 2006. Anyone here deal with IDEM or have contacts that might know what is really going on? There are lots of OWB's around here an outright ban would be a tough nut to crack. I could probably find a half-dozen in a one mile radius of my home. I'm yet to see any blocking the sun with plumes of smoke. I'm not pounding the table in favor of OWB's but they do have some usefulness. When anyone asks my advice on one I recommend they investigate other options or have a d*mn good wood supply.

Sorry, but nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.