1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Any info on a Country Flame model S-6, S-1?

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by bob95065, Aug 16, 2014.

1. bob95065

bob95065 Member

Loc:
    Felton, CA
    I have a chance to get a Country Flame model S-6, S-1 stove insert for free. We have a fireplace that can use an insert and if this is a decent stove I'll get it.

Any info you have is appreciated.

Bob

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bob95065

bob95065 Member

Loc:
    Felton, CA
    The stove is on my truck. I plan to unload it tomorrow after church.
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    On the truck at the same minute 12 hours after you asked about it. Don't take you long to make a decision. ;lol

Pretty good old stoves. You have been on here long enough to already know the downside of the older stoves. Is it the cat insert?
  4. bob95065

bob95065 Member

Loc:
    Felton, CA
    Wow, I didn't notice the time.

Yes, it is a cat stove. I decided to get it because the price was right and the opportunity was going to go away. I have an old Sierra stove that came with the house: http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/classic-sierra-stove.115730/#post-1581469

I figure the Country Flame will be more efficient and put out less smoke. We are getting pressure here from the air quality board about smoke. I don't want to be a contributor.