Any info on a Country Flame model S-6, S-1?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob95065

Burning Hunk
Aug 13, 2013
Felton, CA
I have a chance to get a Country Flame model S-6, S-1 stove insert for free. We have a fireplace that can use an insert and if this is a decent stove I'll get it.

Any info you have is appreciated.

Bob

On the truck at the same minute 12 hours after you asked about it. Don't take you long to make a decision. ;lol

Pretty good old stoves. You have been on here long enough to already know the downside of the older stoves. Is it the cat insert?

Wow, I didn't notice the time.

Yes, it is a cat stove. I decided to get it because the price was right and the opportunity was going to go away. I have an old Sierra stove that came with the house: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/classic-sierra-stove.115730/#post-1581469

I figure the Country Flame will be more efficient and put out less smoke. We are getting pressure here from the air quality board about smoke. I don't want to be a contributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.