Any info on Atmos Boiler dc 25s?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4acrefarm

Jan 11, 2009
western ma
I saw on ebay starting bid $3,229.00 Located in CT. Seems to good to be true.

I've got one heating the house right now. I bought it in April so my experiance is a little limited so far. But, it works like a charm. I am in the process of building a 500 gal heat storage tank that I hope to have up and running in a couple of weeks.
Rich and Ed (from CT green heat) have been top notch people for me to deal with. Give them a call, you are close enough to check it out and see for yourself.
It's less than half the price of the Tarm...

I'm in the process of installing my DC32GS. These are nice boilers. They/mine is built to EN303-5 & is the European ASME. Non exposed welds are dye penetrated, certified welders are used etc etc. If you look on Ebay Germany(use Google translator) the majority of the boilers are Atmos. You can't sell boilers in Germany unless they are pretty damned good. Mine also is certified by Austria's TUV & is CE listed. Mine was a German market boiler & Rich's (CTGH) might also be. Mine was already wired for a Laddomat 21 & has a flue gas thermostat as standard. There is an Atmos on youtube that is either a 32 or 25 & it's owners seem pleased, Randy

I see you are in MA, I didn't catch that first time around. That's another ball game. I believe you need an American ASME boiler & the Atmos isn't going to pass inspection. Hopefully Gooserider will clarify this, Randy

Singed Eyebrows said:
I see you are in MA, I didn't catch that first time around. That's another ball game. I believe you need an American ASME boiler & the Atmos isn't going to pass inspection. Hopefully Gooserider will clarify this, Randy

Correct - must be ASME, substitutes don't make the ASME shops (where all the Mass Board of (arbitrary) Boiler Rules members work) any money so they won't let them in... (They are also apparently offended because apparently the Europeans understand that ASME isn't good enough, so they won't accept them)

The only way you can do an Atmos in MA is if you do an open system, including one where the opening is in the attic mounted expansion tank...

Gooserider

hey Goose can you put one of these in an outbuilding, and presureiize it? How about propane tank storage in outbuilding? I am dreaming of a boiler room / greenhouse combo.

That's a question I had also...could you place the appliance in its own building that is not habitable could you install a pressurized system then?

4acrefarm said:
hey Goose can you put one of these in an outbuilding, and presureiize it? How about propane tank storage in outbuilding? I am dreaming of a boiler room / greenhouse combo.

Not sure what the rules are on that, as I was (and am) wanting to put whatever kind of setup I do in the basement...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.