Any info on this splitter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant identify it but The yellow and green makes me thing John Deere. Honestly though, unless things are significantly different up there that's not a 700 dollar splitter to me. Doesnt know if it runs, hasn't been started in 5 years I am thinking that's a 400 dollar gamble if it were me.

Hopefully one of the other guys can come along and give you a positive ID

When buying a splitter that doesn't run it could have all kinds of issues. At 700 its a very big gamble. If that was running well in my area it would be tops 850?

Pricing of used splitters is not my thing...they all seem overpriced to me. That being said it looks like one of the Deere splitters that was outsourced (built by somebody else). They were a tough little splitter. If you can get it for a good deal (one you are comfortable with) I would snatch it up with a "worst case" of having to re-power it.

Reactions: Quentin2
Thanks for the replies. Sounds promising if it was potentially a Deere. Things are a little different up here for a few reasons so I would expect to pay a little more for a splitter then lower 48ers. I might go take a peek on this long weekend, I'd probably take the gamble in the 500-575 range if it checks out. Any more might be better to spend a thousand for new dht.

I'll update if and when I look at it, just spent 800 the other day on a new plow for my teryx 4 atv so I might hold off.

Well, I'll never know, it was a good deal to someone cause the listing is deleted.

Happy holidays

Well, I'll never know, it was a good deal to someone cause the listing is deleted.

Happy holidays

I notice that kind of thing happen around here.... Homedepot was selling an old retired log splitter that had a busted gasket on the cylinder and they got 900 bucks for it even though it smoked when you started it the wedge was so beat up it had to have been used to spit bar stock and it looked like it had been rode hard and put away wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.