Any input appreciated on new nc-30 install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlennMike

Aug 29, 2010
Southeast PA
I have attached a picture of my existing fireplace and a PDF of the stove, hearth and backing I would like to install. Please let me know if anyone has any input. I have an 1850 SF Cape Cod with a 25' chimney.

The main area I am looking for input on, other then the design would be the piping. I can do the typical 90 deg elbow and through the wall or I can do a 30 deg or 45 deg and go through the angled portion of the wall on the plan. Once inside the wall it will 90 or T and connect to a stainless steel flex liner. The existing masonry chimney angles slightly away from the stove behind the existing masonry, it goes completely verticle at about 7'

Also, do I want / need a cleanout if it will be for the most part inaccessible in the wall?

Attachments

• DSCN3138.jpg
    DSCN3138.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Woodstove.jpg
    Woodstove.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 225
I did something similiar with my heatform fireplace. It was a lot of work but worth it. I ended up sticking the stove back far enough to just vent out with a 45 right into the flex liner which gradually turns up and out. I plan on sweeping right down into the stove or disconnecting the 45 to connect a plastic bag to the liner.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/56601/

Thanks a bunch todd, this is very close to what I will be installing except a little wider and a littler taller. The 45 deg pipe into the top of the alcove looks like it works good, I can't wait to get started on this. I have to finish re-siding my house first though :bug:

Wow! You have your work cut out for you, good luck, keep in touch, we like pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.