Any Input On.....Olympian Wave RV Catylitic propane heaters?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Val

Mar 17, 2012
NY
I was curious if anyone ever owned these ventless, 3,000 btu-8,000 btu, propane heaters? I was wondering if they could be a good emergency heater to heat just one room in the house if power went out? I have a monoxide detector.

In the past, I have owned ventless propane and natural gas blue flame heaters and I don't like them because they fumed or filled the house with water vapor. I mean, so much vapor came out, it actually ran down the inside of the windows. Even Buddy heaters fume.

Normally, I would be really skeptical about ventless propane heaters, but these have good reviews. But does anyone know about the catylitic pad? How much time before they go bad?

I like to keep different types of back-up heat on hand, I wonder if this heater may be a preferable alternative at times to clear kerosene wick heaters.

doesn't matter the heater, water is just a byproduct of burning gas
i've got a nice Cat style lp heater for in the boat, or cold camp, love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.