ANY LONG ISLAND PELLET STOVE OWNERS HERE???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

afrank2442

Nov 11, 2009
long island
HI ALL. GREAT WEBSITE, LOOKING FOR FELLOW LONG ISLANDERS HERE. SEEMS TO BE ALOT OF WESTERN US STATES MEN HERE.. THOUGHT MAYBE A HEAP OF US COULD GET TOGETHER AND ORDER A BUNCH OF TONS AT A REDUCED RATE??? ANY TAKERS??? I OWN AN AWESOME WHITFIELD QUEST THANKS [email protected]

Attachments

• STOVE.jpg
    STOVE.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 530
There are some Long Islanders here. I am in Suffolk County. Tough to get a good price on pellets on the Island. Let me know what you have in the works.

I'm in Lindenhurst. I'm kind of cramped for storage, and have 2tons on hand which will get me through the winter. I'll be looking to replace 1 ton probably in mid January.

Carl

I have a source out east I am just waiting to hear brand and price. I will let you know when he gets them. He was one on the lowest around the Island last year. I have averaged 2 to 2 1/2 tons the last two years. Heating Raised Ranch with stove on first floor.

What do you guy pay for pellets and Delivery?

I found a guy on Craigs list that is selling Barefoot pellets. $285 Free Delivery. I used the pellets last year. They burn hot.

There are a few on Craigslist. Okies just made it to the Island and they are the same price $285. I used Gold Coast Flooring for a ton or two last year for Barefoots. Pricing will never be great since the transportation costs are so HIGH to get them here. The profit margins are small for the retailers. Even woodpellets.com is high...I'd be interested in hearing what you might have in mind. I am stocked for this year though.

Pellet Dealers on Long Island

Long Island Pellet Supply - Country Boy & ProPellet
The Log Splitter - Barefoot
Gold Coast Flooring - Barefoot
Bravo Window and Door - Okies & American Wood Fiber
Agway Riverhead - Brands Vary
Bethlehem Coal - Juniata & NEWP
Woodpelletsales.com - Brands Vary
Lowes (most) on LI carry wood pellets - Brands Vary
Home Depot - Hit or miss (Farmingdale carried last year)
K Mart (Yes KMart) last year had Pres to Logs (Lignetics)

You can google any of these companies and get some idea of pricing or #s to contact to ask.

Happy Burning!

I got the best delivery price from The Log splitter. FREE. They had pre fall specials. I think they are charging $30 for Delivery any ware on LI. This guy has the coolest trailer. It is a built in fork system. I can’t explain it. There are not forklifts trashing your driveway. He backed the trailer into my driveway and placed the pallets. I had him deliver early Sunday morning. The delivery was quiet. Nobody but me knew the delivery came.

Can anyone answer the question? Do hardwood pellets last longer than softwood pellets.
I know softwood can burn as hot as hardwood. But softwood is still softwood and burns faster than hardwood.
Would I need to order a half ton more of softwood pellets than hardwood pellets??

Regencyinsert2004 said:
Can anyone answer the question? Do hardwood pellets last longer than softwood pellets.
I know softwood can burn as hot as hardwood. But softwood is still softwood and burns faster than hardwood.
Would I need to order a half ton more of softwood pellets than hardwood pellets??

I doubt if you can find any difference in burn time since the wood fibers are compressed to the same density.

does anyone know what the btu level is when it comes to the specs. Im looking at Okie specs. There is an as received number and a Dry basis Number.

Theas received btu is 8412.
The Dry basis is 8700
I see them advertised by bravo as 8600.

Status
Not open for further replies.