Any new word on the Woodstock 211 betas yet??????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well great news, almost immediately after my post I got an email saying my Keystone is shipping today or tomorrow!

You are gonna absolutely love that Keystone. Out of all the WS stoves I have owned (Progress/Fireview/Palladian) the Palladian (sister to the Keystone) is my favorite and they are all terrific stoves.

Reactions: Woody Stover
With the second door it wouldn't surprise me if the price was the same as the IS.
I don't think it has a front door, just a window.

My OAK runs through the floor to reach the pedestal on my Napoleon. If I went to something with legs it would leave behind an ugly scar though my nice tile floor. The pedestal keeps that out of sight.
Couldn't you put some type of pad down under the stove that would cover the hole?

they are shutting themselves out of a market by not putting in at least a front door option- people like me with alcoves cant use them. one reason i couldnt even consider a PH when i was looking for a new stove.

Oh no ......... just the side door ??? I've been anxiously waiting on this stove as well but want the front door ...............

Got it, the concern is visual. Wouldn't a replacemnt stove utilize the same oak connection?
Every stove seems to have its own location for an OAK connection. On the Woodstocks, that location seems to be behind the stove but on the Napoleon it is under the center of the pedestal and it actually dumps into the pedestal itself and below the ash drawer. As wildcatbb suggested, I could keep some extra tiles and then chip out the old one and its thinset and grout to replace it with a fresh one if I changed stoves. Frankly I would rather just cut a new hole and cover the old one with a pedestal. I'm just not that good at tile work.

Talked to WS yesterday and tried to get center line details about the new Franklin but can't get anything out of them. The only thing they told me was the information should be available within the next 3 months. I am hoping the minimum center line is 22.75 like the Fv so I have an easy upgrade path if in the future . I'm forced to wait on my hearth rebuild for the Fv until they release the details. Not real good at this waiting game ... plus I'm getting real tired of needing to build a fire each morning as my current rock can't hold an overnight fire. Come on Spring !

Reactions: Woody Stover
want the front door
How come?
size of the firebox?
They claim 2.6. If usable space is a little less, like their other stoves, should be about perfect for me.
hoping the minimum center line is 22.75 like the Fv so I have an easy upgrade path if in the future
That would be great for me as well. I already have the Keystone and the Dutchwest with short legs at 22.75. Makes for easy swaps, which I need with no backup heat.

I have had a front loader and now have a side loader. Much prefer the side loader...........a lot less ash and wood junk gets on the hearth. However, if you have a space constraint, that is another story. Cleaning the glass is easier with a front loader, but with the PH that is hardly ever an issue.

If they really are going a new route with how this stove is plumbed, then I'm sure it will need to be thoroughly tested.

The other thing you folks who are interested in it need to consider is your flue. Whenever efficiency goes up exhaust temps go down. Spend the time now investigating and upgrading your flue system if needed.

The other thing you folks who are interested in it need to consider is your flue. Whenever efficiency goes up exhaust temps go down. Spend the time now investigating and upgrading your flue system if needed.
I'm not actually interested in getting one until it has been thoroughly tested by the bleeding edge crowd. Mostly just curious. Care to shed any more light on what you mean by upgrading flue system?

This will be a switch to a cat stove which will potentially have a bit lower flue temps. Insulating the flue system via the suggestions that mellow can help with cooler flue temps by keeping up the flue gas temperatures. This can help draft and reduce creosote depositing.

I'm not actually interested in getting one until it has been thoroughly tested by the bleeding edge crowd. Mostly just curious. Care to shed any more light on what you mean by upgrading flue system?

Wow I never thought of myself as bleeding edge - I got one of the very first Progress stoves and it runs like a champ.

I had a conversation with Jamie at Woodstock today. He slipped me some details. The 3rd hybrid will not have a thermostat control. It is a manually controlled stove. The new stove will have two tertiary air coils. One for a cleaner start up and one for later on in the burn. That is the mystery plumbing changes in a nutshell.

Every stove seems to have its own location for an OAK connection. On the Woodstocks, that location seems to be behind the stove but on the Napoleon it is under the center of the pedestal and it actually dumps into the pedestal itself and below the ash drawer. As wildcatbb suggested, I could keep some extra tiles and then chip out the old one and its thinset and grout to replace it with a fresh one if I changed stoves. Frankly I would rather just cut a new hole and cover the old one with a pedestal. I'm just not that good at tile work.
Tile work is pretty simple really, or you could find a guy to replace a tile or two for little to nothing. Not telling you what to do , but don't let a couple little old tiles scare yathere are YouTube how to videos for everything! You can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.